Upper middle or lower back pain are only the terms used to describe any kind of discomforting or irritating feeling felt in any of the region. The upper region is the area around the neck and shoulders, the middle region comprises of the rib cage connects to the chest region of the spine, whereas lower back pain is the region which comprises of the abdominal area, the lower part of the spine, hip, buttocks etc.
The middle back consists of the 12 vertebrae and is used to support the rib cage and is not prone to more bending or movement, so the probability of getting a degenerative disc disease is less as compared to upper and lower back. The middle back is also known as the thoracic spine.
The middle back does not experience any kind of pain, so if the pain is being felt in the spine that it needs to be diagnosed for whether it is Upper or lower back pain Melbourne so as to get it accurately treated.
Back solutions clinic is the most trusted place and set of experts who are specialized in treating any kind of back pain. Sometimes, the middle back pain can be cured through simple exercises, medications, and rest.
Middle back pain can be caused if any of the nerves in the area is pinched, irritated, injured and the pain spreads to the legs, arms, chest and belly. The middle and upper back is not a common problem like the lower back pain.
Middle back muscle work with the ribs in keeping the back posture stable and also helps in protecting vital organs such as heart and lungs. The various causes of middle back pain Melbourne are:
- Muscle strain or spasms.
- Injury or accident.
- Pinched nerve or compressed nerve.
- Bad body posture while sitting, standing and bending.
- Slipped disc or herniated disc.
- Overuse of back muscles.
- Inflammation and swelling.
- Ligament tear or damage.
- The issue with the discs.
- Back fracture.
- Arthritis and spondylosis.
- Muscle pain or tissue damage to the muscle.
- Lack of physical movement or exercise.
- Lifting heavy weight objects with a jerk.
- Smoking and being alcoholic.
- Too soft or too hard bed mattress.
- Infection or disease in nearby organs.
There are various different effective treatments available for treating middle back pain and they are:
- Physical therapy – The physical therapies include various massages and physical movements which help in gaining mild strength and flexibility and improve the range of motion of the back. It also increases blood circulation and makes it less prone to injury.
- Medications – Certain anti-inflammatory and pain reliever steroidal injections and medicinal drugs are available to reduce swelling, inflammation and provide instant pain relief. They are meant to be taken under expert supervision.
- Strengthening Exercises and stretching – Stretching and core strengthening exercises help in keeping the back muscles strong and flexible and also improves body posture and keeps it healthy.
- Acupuncture and yoga – These help in keeping mind, body, and soul relaxed and rejuvenates body’s natural energy to make it fresh and stress and strain free.