All animals’ require care and time from their proprietors, not to mention some investment in yields to keep them happy and healthy. Here are some great tips for caring for your guinea pig, rabbit, gerbil or hamster. You can also get quality dog grooming Long Island services for small breeds by clicking right here.
- Need special attention when handling – whenever they’re in pain or frightened, they might sting.
- Rabbits should not be left unattended with children because of this! Only ever let supervised, gentle management, to maintain both the bunny and kid safe. Rabbits have suffered broken limbs because of being dropped – and also a surprising sting could make a child – or adult fast ‘let go’.
- Pick up softly by encouraging front quarters in 1 hand and back-end at the other.
- Rabbits who’ve been picked up in different ways have sustained spinal injuries.
- NEVER select a rabbit up by his or ears that can definitely cause acute injuries.
Rabbits need routine gently brushing. Purchase a particular gentle rabbit brush lightly from the back of your head into the tail. Use dressing as a once-over test time – things to look out for include:
- Bald patches
- Sore patches
- Fur with diarrhea it